A blend of premium black tea with orange peel, cinnamon chips, and aromatic spices. Perfect on cold winter mornings or cozy evenings by the fireplace. An aroma reminiscent of mulled spices, cinnamon candy, and oranges emerges from a full body and dark liquor. Revel in the comforting aromas of the holidays as you sip a cup of Orange Spice!
Orange Spice is a classic blend of black tea with orange peel, cinnamon, and aromatic spices. This spiced tea pairs perfectly with cold winter mornings and cozy evenings by the fireplace. With an aroma reminiscent of mulled spices, cinnamon candy, and oranges emerging from a full body and dark liquor, this bold black tea blend takes well to milk and compliments the season’s charm with every sip. Revel in the comforting aromas of the holidays as you sip your cup of Orange Spice!
- Mulled Spice & Black Tea
- Black Tea Origins: Sri Lanka & India
- Sample ~ 5 servings
- Bulk 1/4 LB ~ 50 servings
- Bulk 1 LB ~ 220 servings
- Caffeine: High
Ingredients: black tea, cinnamon, cinnamon and orange flavoring, peppermint, green tea, licorice, sarsaparilla, ginger, fennel, lemon myrtle, orange peel
Similarly, check out our collection of Spiced Teas.
- Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Viral
- Anti-Oxidant, Anti-Aging
- Calorie-free, Fat-free, Gluten-free
Black Tea is known to banish fatigue, stimulate mental powers, and raise energy levels. It has been shown to reduce stress hormone levels and acts as a nerve sedative, frequently relieving headaches. Black tea contains a number of vitamins considered essential for maintaining health, including Carotene, a precursor to vitamin A, has antioxidant and protective properties, Vitamin B1 and Panothenic Acid, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
Black Tea also contains antioxidants which may help to protect your body from the ravages of aging and environmental effects. Because they are allowed to ferment completely before drying, most black teas are especially rich in those polyphenols which have been shown to be effective against dementia in aging as well as AIDS related dementia. These compounds penetrate the blood brain barrier and have also been found to reduce blood cholesterol levels.
Black tea is known for its antiviral and antibacterial properties. It can be topically applied to cuts, bruises and burns, and is famous for its sunburn relief and has been shown to have a positive effect on preventing tooth decay and gum disease.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Roasted Harvest Roots
INGREDIENTS: ¼ cup canola oil, 1.5 lb beets - roasted, peeled & cut (large dice), 2 TBS ORANGE SPICE loose tea for blanching water, 2 lb Sweet Potatoes – peeled & cut (large dice, 2 lb Butternut Squash - peeled & cut (large dice), 2 lb Rutabaga – peeled & cut (large dice), 1 lb Carrots, peeled & cut (large dice), cheese cloth & string, 2 cups Maple syrup, 8 TBS butter, divided into ½ TBS pieces, ORANGE SPICE TEA RUB (see instructions below). Optional - Jack-o-lantern serving bowl: 1 large Pumpkin, hallowed.
1. Preheat oven to 375. Place whole beets on tin foil. Oil beets with canola oil and sprinkle salt & pepper. Cover and place in oven for 30-40 minutes, until soft in center. Take out beets and let cool. When cool, peel with damp tea towel. Cut into large dices ( ¾ x ¾ x ¾ ).
2. While the beets are roasting, blanch & shock the rest of the roots in tea infused water. Place 2 TBS of ORANGE SPICE leaves in cheesecloth and tie with string. In a large pot, bring salted water & tea to a boil. Place sweet potatoes in boiling water and let cook until slightly softened, about 15 minutes. Strain and immediately place in ice water to shock, stop cooking. Take out of ice water bath and strain to dry. Following the same process, blanch & shock the butternut squash (blanch about 8-10 min), rutabaga (blanch about 5 min) and carrots (blanch 3 min) all separately since they cook at different time.
3. In a large bowl, mix all the roots together. Place all the vegetables on oiled baking sheet and drizzle with maple syrup. Sprinkle on the ORANGE SPICE TEA RUB. Evenly place butter pieces on top of the vegetables.
4. Place veggies in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Rotate baking sheet and let cook for another 10 minutes. Season to taste.
5. Optional - Jack-o-lantern serving bowl: While the roots roast, hallow out a pumpkin and place it in the oven for 10-15 minutes to let it warm and soften. Place the roasted roots in the pumpkin and serve. Yields: 8–10 servings
Harvest Spice Rub
Finely chop the following ingredients in your blender:
1 TBS ORANGE SPICE TEA
2 TBS Brown sugar
1 ½ TBS Salt
½ TBS white pepper