Turmeric Tonic Recipes #3
Welcome back! For your next installment of our Turmeric Tonic Recipes series, we bring you Superfood Powermilk! With the nasty flu that has been going around and lowered immune systems from the chilly winter days, your body can always use a boost. If you are just joining us, you can see our first post of the series, TT Detox Infusion. Eat and drink up, to your health!
- Spoon the turmeric tonic herbal tea blend into almond milk, in a small saucepan. Heat over low-medium heat. When it nears a boil, remove from heat, cover and let steep for 8-10 minutes. Strain the herbs out of the milk.
- When it nears a boil, remove from heat, cover and let steep for 8-10 minutes. Strain the herbs out of the milk.
- Strain the herbs out of the milk.
- Combine matcha green tea powder with maca powder.
- Add 2 tsp water and mix into a paste. Once it’s smooth, whisk or blend the paste into warmed the turmeric almond milk infusion.
- Sweeten, if desired. Serve warm or over ice. For an extra treat, add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top!